Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Will they be for sale?

I've been asked a few times if I will be selling these hot ends. At the moment I am putting the pricing all together, but I an hoping to have these at a $50Aud price point. Pickup is available for those in Melbourne.

For now, each kit includes;
1x CNC machined nozzle (0.5mm)
1x 40mm Peek insulator (12mm dia)
1x Axial thermistor (135-104LAF-J01, 100k)
1x Heater resistor (RWM04106R80JR15E1, 6.8R 3W)
10cm length of PTFE tube 4mmOD/3mmID (enough for 2 usable lengths)
1x M8 fender washer for the mount (drilled 4.5dia, 30mm spaced for Wade's type extruders)
2x M4x35 socket caps for the mount
4x Nylon washers

I will be experimenting with smaller diamater nozzles soon, so perhaps 0.25mm and 0.35mm nozzles also. If there is interest for 1.75mm filament nozzles, I will get those done in a small production run as well.

I also completed a bit more calibrating of the nozzles in Slic3r. Forced a w/t ratio of 1 and lowered the temperature as well. Thermal transfer to the filament seems to be much faster on this hot end, as I've seen an increase in extrusion speed and also more oozing.

excuse the bottom layers, forgot to home Z!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try one of your hot end, how do I get in touch with you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find me on the reprap forums - username "scwerta"

    ReplyDelete