Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

More testing - Greg's wade v3






Today I finished testing at 80mm/s perimeter and 100mm/s infill.  You can see Greg's latest extruder here and I think the print turned out quite well.

This picture is also a good chance to show which type of mount is needed for this hot end. It is the Mendel parts v6 mount, which has 30mm spacings. As you can also see, the Peek insulator sits snuggly in the extruder.

One thing to mention though is that I have noticed the washer/mount does tend to act as a heat sink and gets up to around 65deg without a fan blowing over it. With a small 40mm fan blowing over it (such as a fan mounted on Greg's X-carriage) the washer is cool to the touch. I will continue using a small fan to avoid the the possibility of the mounts warping the extruder hot end mounts and destroying a print. I have also ordered nylon washers for the socket caps to insulate them from the washer as well. For those trying a kit out, I'll include a couple of washers for that reason and also in case you find the m4x35 socket caps are too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment